I never really liked new years resolutions. I was never good at keeping them and so I basically stopped making them. Well, it is a new year and I am making another soon to be forgotten resolution........he he he no really I am TRYING here people! So here is a list of my top ten things I want to accomplish in 2009.
1-loose 15 lbs
2-keep my house cleaner
3-save some good money
4-take the kids to Disney Land
5-wake up earlier
6-use the trailer more
7-have more "date nights" with my husband
8-have one on one "dates" with my kids once a month or more
9-this one is secret (sorry guys!)
10-and did I mention loose 15 lbs?
I think it is important to write things down. I know I am more inclined to do something if I have it down on paper. It seems more pressing than just floating around in my head. So there you go! Things are down on paper and out for the world to see.
2008 was such a crazy year. Here are some of the highlights and lowlights :)
February of 2008 we purchased a camping trailer. We only got to use it twice last year which didn't make me very happy but (here comes a lowlight.....) since the economy has been so bad it has cut our wages/funds by a lot and so it was too expensive to take it out. So I pay for it, it sits in my driveway.........blah blah (remember #6?) well not this year. I plan on using it NO MATTER WHAT at least 1 time a month if not more. Makayla turned 6 this year in July. She is growing up so quickly and she sure has the attitude to match! We started going to a new ward this year and we both got callings. Jason is an Assistant Scout Master and that has been fun for him and I took on Enrichment Night planning. Works out for me since I really don't have all the time in the world and we only have 4 a year. About June of this year was really crazy for us. The economy came to a screaching hault and both of us were worried about our jobs. We both work in real estate and so it was very scarey for us. I am not sure how we managed to come out of it with out loosing EVERYTHING!!! There were months we didn't have a single penny above our pay checks and I would stress out so bad from it! December proved to be a very different month for us. Refinances started booming and work got CRAZY busy. Working late, skipping lunch etc. was reality. I have enjoyed every second of it. I feel secure and usefull. I don't like going to work and no knowing what my future will be like. Backing up a little, in September I felt like I needed to bring in some more money some how and I started making bows/flower clips etc. and it has become a huge thing for me. I wish I had more time to devote to it because I really believe I could make a great living doing it but we will see what happens. I love making beautiful things and seeing them on all the beautiful little girls I know. Anyway, I am sure no one wants to hear all this but it is good for me to get it all out. Bottom line I learned a few things this last year.
1-we can live off of less money so in turn that means we can save some more!
2-my husband is the most amazing man alive and I love him so much more than I ever have
3-my kids are beautiful and amazing! So smart and they just continue to shock me with the new things they are learning and doing.
4-a job is just a job and your family ALWAYS comes first
5-I am a lot stronger than I thought I was and so many more I don't have time to list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hi hun :) It is good to write things down. I have had all the same feelings this last year. I want to devot 2009 to paying off the debt we got in 2008. I just hope we can do it.
This is beautiful daughter! Remember what you wrote on your bad days. Things are hard right now with work and just staying on top of things. Remember that you are loved and thought about and prayed for always.
Hi! I am so happy I came across your blog. You have such a beautiful family. I have been looking into doing hair clips as well! What kind have you been making? You were always so creative. Happy New Year!
Amanda that is great! I am glad you made it through last year and I am hoping this year is a better one.
Post a Comment