For some reason today has been a bit emotional for me. I am sure it has a lot to do with being pregnant but for some reason I just have been really watching and taking in what is going on around me. I realized this morning that my kids are really growing up. Makayla is almost 8 years old! Her and her sister will be almost 8 years apart in age. I have noticed all the grown up things she is doing lately. Last night was one of those moment when I realized that growing up was going to happen and I better get used to it quick! She told Jason and I that she made calanders at school as a christmas gift for Jason and I. After explaining that they did October today she also decided to drop the bomb on us and tell us that she colored August extra special because it was someones birthday..................it was David's birthday month but in her words "he isn't my boyfriend". Oh dear! Are we at that age already? Then today at lunch we get a phone call from Makayla who was at school crying. Someone had spilled milk all over her and she needed us to bring her dry clothes. It broke my heart! I wanted to run over there, pick her up and hug her. I often forget that she is almost 8 because she is so small. She looks like a 5 year old in size. I realized that I can't always run to her side and make it better right then and there and it really hurt my heart a bit. I guess that is just what happens when they grow up, you have to give them a little space to run and figure things out on their own.
Kaden will turn 4 in January and he is such a cute little boy. He has such a tender heart and cares so much for people. I love hearing his little voice "Mom wook at da train! It goes choo choo". He always has something to tell us while driving in the car. Lately it is all about the snow and the lights on each house and how bright they are etc. I have started looking into pre-school for him also. It is hard to see him grow up and hard for me to realize that he is not a baby any more. This next year will be a big year for our little man.
Addison will be here in about 3 months. I get to start all over with the baby age. Apparently Jason and I like a 4 year gap in between our kids ha ha. I wonder how having her in our family will change things. It is really odd to walk by her empty room, crib set up and clothes in her dresser. I wonder if I will be a good mom to 3 little kids or if I will really struggle. So much growing up and so much change happening in our little family this coming year.
Jason has really taken to being "Mr. Mom". It isn't his favorite thing in the world and he would rather be working but he sure is a great Dad! He takes care of everything right now. He cleans, he cooks, he picks kids up and drops them off and loves them every step of the way.
I not sure why I have been thinking about all this. It could be the Holiday season, it could be that I am very pregnant or it could be that so many great things are happening to us that it is hard to not get all emotional and excited. So here is to all the growing and changing that will happen this coming year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
awww, Amanda you are a great mother and are going to be just fine with 3 kiddos! i hope to someday be even close to as good of mom that you are! your kids really are the cutest and i love them so much! i can't wait for baby addison!
I love you daughter! You make me so happy! I'm so grateful to have you as my daughter and to have Jason as my son. Makayla and Kaden are beyond precious and little Addison is a much anticipated arrival. You are an amazing mother and Jason is an an amazing dad. I know it's been tough these past 5 months with Jason not working but he is sure making the best of it and so are you. This next year will bring changes to your lives and they will be exciting. I love you!
Post a Comment