When the Federal Government makes a law we usually intend to abide by it right? Well here is our wonderful Government at work. Many of you know that I have a dream to start a small business selling children's accessories. I love making hair bows, leg warmers, hats etc. Well the CPSI is going to make that impossible for me to do now! They passed a law that goes into place February 10th that requires ALL children's products hand made or mass produced to be tested for lead and other harmful substances...............I know you are asking yourself "SO WHAT? I want my child to be safe." Well so do I but how can the Government ask small business owners who have earned the public's trust to provide these one of a kind products to fork out $50,000+ to test their product YEARLY? I don't make $50,000 a year in income from my small business. So, I can't even get my little business up and going. I am at a stand still because I don't have the funds to test my product. Why can't small business owners get a break, some help or even be allowed to put a label on our products that indicate that they have not been tested and they may contain small amounts of lead blah blah blah. The Tabaco companies get away with a label that says "MAY CAUSE CANCER" so how harmful can a small hair clip be? I don't have time to vent about this but I have no choice! I can't be silent about it forever. Do I sit back and watch my dreams be taken from me? Do you love the Quilted Bear? The craft fairs? Well, all those adorable children's one of a kind products are at risk. There is a reason they are calling this NATIONAL BANKRUPTCY DAY!!!! You can go here if you want to read more about it http://www.toyassociation.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=CPSIA&TEMPLATE=/CM/HTMLDisplay.cfm&CONTENTID=6668
You can help, go here fill out the form and let you local government know how this is going to HURT small business owners. You know all those cute children's boutiques................gone! Unless we do something about it. Why hasn't the media caught wind of this? Why are they SO STUPID? http://www.handmadetoyalliance.org/how-you-can-help
Let me say one last thing. I am all for safety! I have two little kids and if something EVER happened to them I would be...........well I could not even describe the hurt and heart ache I would feel but let ME make that decision for my children. LET ME BE IN CONTROL! I can't test my product but I am not going to just let the GOVERNMENT take away my dreams!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is terrible! I will definitely fill out a form.
I knew this was coming because my friend owns baby bling bows and she blogged about it, but I hadn't heard that it passed. I am really sorry because it does suck for the small business owners. Give them a break!!!
Post a Comment