Sunday, February 1, 2009

The things that really make me tick! ha ha




My soon to be sister in-law and I decided to take a trip to the antique store on center street in provo and it reminded me how much I LOVE ANTIQUES!!! For those of you that don't know, I collect tea pots.................funny cause I don't drink tea but there is something about the look of a tea pot that I just love. I love antique tea pots and all the cups and saucers that go with them. My grandma was kind enough to take me down for my birthday this last fall and let me choose a set. I walked in, looked around for a while and noticed this adorable set hidden in the front of the store. I fell in love! It is German from the late 1800 and the colors are a pearlized orange with black handles. I know it sounds silly but I seriously just love it! I have other very old items as well that are family items. Anyway, while down there we found all these antique millinery flowers. Millinery.........I am sure you are wondering what that is (okay who am I kidding? No one really cares but me............) Well it is the art of hat making..........the flowers were embellishments. Chloe and I found beautiful ivory roses and some other millinery flowers to make her veil flower/hair piece with. I am so excited to finish it! It is going to look amazing with her bird cage veil and antique style dress. She has great style! LOVE HER!!! See what my poor husband has to deal with? Well I decided that I am going to start making hair clips with antique silk millinery items. I can hardly wait to get started............I guess another trip to the antique store is in order! Any one want to come? ha ha ha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sooo there!!! yay for antiques!!!!