President Gordon B. Hinckley once said “We can so live that we can call upon the Lord for His protection and guidance. This is a first priority. We cannot expect His help if we are unwilling to keep His commandments. … I have faith … that the Lord will bless us, and watch over us, and assist us if we walk in obedience to His light, His gospel, and His commandments."
Right now I don't understand why my little family has to go through another really hard trial. I guess our heavenly father has something really big planned for Jason and I or he wouldn't keep putting us through these big trials. Jason lost his job Friday.....................I mean what more can I say than I am heart broken, scared, nervous, and a lot of other feelings all wrapped up into one. Beyond those feelings I have to be strong. My mind keeps wondering back to the pioneers. I have never really thought twice about "pioneer day" but today is a different story. I think about the trials they had to overcome and I stop dwelling on my current problems. I need to be strong like the pioneers. I need to keep pushing forward and taking these little trials head on. If my dear ancestors can walk miles and miles in the snow, bad weather, beating sun etc. with little to no food then sure I can endure this short period in our life when I will have to work 3x's as hard just to keep my family treading water. I can be strong for my beaten down husband who feels worthless. I can keep a smile on my face and move forward. I can have faith that our Heavenly Father will protect us as long as we try our best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I am so sorry. You guys will get through this. Just stay positive, which it sounds like you are doing, and I'm sure Jason will find a new job in no time.
Amanda, Very well put!!!! It is true, you can make it through this and you will!!!! I made at one time and so can you!!!!!!! Keep your head up and don't stop fighting!
Hang in there. Things will work out for the best and you guys will be blessed.
You have to be strong. When I got laid off is was one of the hardest things for me to go through personally and I now can tell you it was the best thing that has ever happened to our family. Keep up your spirits up and go to the Lord he is there for you and also remember there is a reason for everything.
Post a Comment