



Monday night I spent most of the night out on the sofa trying to sleep. I was so nervous and worried about how things would go the next day. Finally it was time to get up and I got the kids in the shower, hair done and dressed in their best clothes so they could come to the hospital to see their sister. We left the house at 10:30 and headed for the hospital. I had my makeup on, hair done and bag all packed and ready to go! They hooked me up to the IV and then pumped some antibiotics into me. They burned the entire time but I just hung in there watching the clock and waiting for 12:30 when they would start taking me back to surgery. Finally it was time and Jason dressed in his blue scrubs and cute hair net ha ha! They took me back first and all I could say to everyone was that I was so nervous. I started to have a small panic attack as I knew what was coming. I was worried about the spinal block and the needles and if my little girl would be okay. Finally after being tied down to the bed and totally numb they let Jason come in. He took my hand and I just gripped with all I had. I was so glad he was there, I couldn't do it with out him. My mom was waiting in the recovery room and I know she was watching the clock waiting to hear how things went. Once she was out she gave a bit of a scare. She didn't cry.......... she wasn't crying!!!!!!! I was so scared, no one was telling me what was going on. Finally a sound came from the little gift from god and all we could hear was her gasping for air. It was a weird sound. They couldn't get her to cry and get all the stuff out of her lungs. The nurse who was helping was asked to call for some help and she called a code blue. A code blue is something you call when someone is crashing, something really bad is going on. About 20 people came running in. I was scared to death! Ten minutes later we hear a nurse tell the nurse that called the code blue that she should have just called the NICU. She finally was breathing! They still had to run some tests to be sure but she was breathing. I didn't even hear her cry, it was just a wimper. They bundled her up and set her by me so I could see her. She had cute little cubby cheaks and looked just like her daddy! They wheeled me into the recovery room and Jason went down to the nursery with the baby. Finally at 3:00 I got to hold my little girl! She has dark hair, olive skin and looks like her dad's side of the family. Very different looking from my other two who had no hair, pale skin and looked like my side of the family. She hardly cries. She has a healthy appetite and she is super cute! I am so in love again and so blessed to have her. Jason is just in love with her. He just looks at her and says over and over again "She is so cute! She is a keeper." He is so adorable with her and I already knew he was a good daddy but he is just so in love with out new little girl.
7 comments:
awww! so happy you updated! we love you guys so much! addison is for sure a keeper!
Congratulations!! She is so cute!!!!
She is beautiful! I so wish I could be there to hold her while she is still tiny. I guess Tiffany will have to do that for me. I am very happy to be an uncle again! Not going to be able to call this weekend most likely, but maybe next. Love you all. Matt
She is absolutely beautiful. We are so excited for you guys. Congrats!!
She is absolutely beautiful! You all are such a beautiful family, and I am so glad that I get to spend some time with you all this week!
Love you!
Post a Comment