Saturday, June 12, 2010

Every Day is Mother's Day!

I have had the privilage to stay at home with my kids for the past couple of months. Summer has officially started (even if I look outside right now and see the rain falling) and the kids are out of school. I thought for sure I would go NUTS with all three in the house screaming, crying, wanting to be fed, making a mess etc. The reality of it is that yes once and a while the kids really get to me. They can drive me crazy one second and then turn around and say or do the cutest thing ever the next second. I never realized how much I miss out on and how much I had to just "let go" while I was working.

#1- kids grow up so fast! Makayla is reading big girl books, getting into the shower all by herself, combing her hair and being the cruise director all at the same time. She likes to learn about new things. Her favorite thing is home made jam with white bread. Kaden is becoming very independent. He has his own way of doing things and saying things. He likes a schedule and doesn't do well when he is off his schedule. He loves pb & h sandwiches cut in to little squares. Addison changes every single day. She is smiling and almost laughing. I can't wait to hear her laugh the first time. She is on a great schedule and she has such a beautiful smile.

#2- I have no idea how I got all the house work done while I was working outside of the home. I know I added a lot more work with a baby but I still have a hard time keeping up with the house. I realize now how much of the house work just didn't get done while I was working. There was just not enough time in the day to get it all done. No wonder I had piles and piles of laundry sitting around, nothing ironed, sheets not cleaned, dishes in the sink, dirty floors etc. I am still no expert house keeper but I am working on a schedule to keep things clean. It is nice to sit down at night after the kids are in bed and to look around and see a clean house.

#3- Dinner before 7! I now am able to get dinner on the table before 6. This is huge for me because when I was working I didn't even get home until 6 every night. We eat out less and I enjoy cooking so it has been fun to try new recipes.

Bottom line........... being at home with my kids is priceless! I am loving it and feel like I have grown so much as a person being able to do this. Who knows if I will be able to continue being at home but I will love every second of it for now.

No comments: