So much has happened this week. First off, Makayla started school. She was sooooo excited! The night before we painted her nails, got her in the shower and did her hair so I didn't have much to do in the morning, packed her back pack, and set out her breakfast. She had a little bit of homework to do for a "get to know you" thing for her first day so we finished that up as well. Makayla is so smart and does best when she has something to challenge her every single day. She loves her teacher and thinks she is just the best!
Here are the little chickens playing together on the floor. This is a daily thing and the two older ones love to make Addi smile and laugh. This usually is followed by me telling them to stop picking her up and to stop putting toys and blankets on her face but all in all they have fun. Last by not least we had a memorial service for my dear Grammie (Rosella Mae Bauer Harris). She passed away two weeks ago and it was nice to get the family together to celebrate this amazing lady. Each of my uncles and my aunt got to tell stories of their memories of Grammie. At the end there was a little video of pictures that my Uncle Quinn put together. Then we all gathered together for lunch. Talking and just being together was exactly what we all needed. I know that Grammie was watching and so happy to see how close we are as a family. I know she spent the day with us and I know she is very happy. So to this I add
There is sunshine in my soul today
More glorious and bright
Then glows in any earthly sky,
For Jesus is my light
Oh, there's sunshine, blessed sunshine
When the peaceful happy moments roll.
When Jesus shows his smiling face,
There is sunshine in the soul.
There is music in my sould today,
A carol to my King,
And Jesus listening can hear
The songs I cannot sing
There is springtime in my soul today,
For when the Lord is near,
The dove of peace sings in my heart,
The flow'rs of grace appear
There is gladness in my soul today,
And hope and praise and love,
For blessings which he gives me now,
For joys "laid up" above
I have been humming this song since we sang it at the memorial.

1 comment:
I can't believe she is that big!!! They grow SO fast. And your little Addi has even grown so much, just since Greys!! Crazy!
Post a Comment