Sunday, July 18, 2010

8 things about turning 8







1- I a a princess and a princess wears a crown!
Makayla got a crown and shoes dress up set for her birthday and she has decided that she can not be the birthday girl with out wearing the crown. When we went to open presents tonight she had to run in the house and grab her crown before she could start. Our cruise director has turned into the "Queen B".

2-I am old enough to get my own food and drink.
Makayla has just discovered that she can climb up on the counter to get her own cup and then hop down to get her water and ice from the fridge. She wants to do all of this herself and is not very happy when you do it for her.

3- I can read a chapter book from start to finish all by myself.
We have recently been taking weekly trips to the library. She finds books about animals and space. She also loves chapter books but hasn't really found her favorite set yet. I think we will introduce her to the "Box Car Children" books very soon.

4-I can ride a bike with out training wheels.
She thinks she is hot stuff riding around on her little bike. She has to shown anyone that will take five seconds to watch her. She is fearless and I love that about her.

5-Bugs are cool!
Makayla enjoys catching bugs and putting them in water bottles. She is in and out of the house all day long showing me her latest catch. She is such a little tomboy and I love that she can run and get dirty with the boys and turn around and dress up like a princess the next second. She is really a beautiful little girl and I am glad she can be a good mix!

6- Boys are GROSS!
We have teased Makayla about having a boyfriend in the past but I watch her in primary and I see how the little boys (one in particular) flock to her and have to sit with her and it reminds me that I am getting old and so is she! So for now we remind her that BOYS ARE GROSS and go with that lol!

7- I know who I am!
Makayla knows who she is. She knows how to be a good friend and she knows how to have fun. This past year a very horrible game was being played by a lot of the little girls at her school They called it "popular" and they would pick one little girl to exclude or be rude to each day. There was more to it but one day I asked Makayla about the game and she said this "Mom I don't even know what that is. I think it is a lame idea anyway because we should all just be friends and be nice to each other." I asked her who she played with at school and she named both girls and boys names and said they play things like rocket ship, baseball, kickball etc. I was so proud of my little girl for not being involved in that stupid game. She is a strong little girl.

8- I get to be baptised.
Makayla had her second interview with the bishop today. She was so excited. She stood tall and walked into the office with no fear. She is just growing up quick and it scares me a bit. I know that on the 31st when the big day comes I will probably spend the day crying as I watch my handsome husband baptise her. I can't believe she is old enough to make this decision. She truly made this one on her own.

I am so proud to be your mom Makayla! You always have been a beautiful start to our family and I am lucky to have you. Thank you for keeping me on my toes. You are my little princess and always will be. Happy 8th Birthday little one!

1 comment:

Chantelle Olsen Peavler said...

8 already!!! Where does time go?? She's so big!