Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It feels like that, I won't let you go

There are times in my life when I will hear a song and it will just get STUCK! I will obsess about it for a long time. Well this is one of those songs. Generally thse types of songs have meaning to me not just a good beat or a pretty melody. I heard this song on the radio the other day while driving. I pulled over and just started to cry a little. Why was I crying might you ask? Why would THIS song mean so much to me in that moment? There is a part in the song that goes "You think your lost, but your not lost on your own." Why WHY did this touch me so much? Then I think about all the heart break and horrible things that have happened in the last few months and I realized this is how I feel about the relationship I have with my Heavenly Father. I remember just recently crying on the phone to my mother saying "I give up! I just can't care any more! I do all the things I should do in church, in my personal life, for my kids and I try so hard to be a good person but why why why do I always have to suffer. Why does it seem like I can never get ahead. I need a break! I am done...." I realize that NO you are not alone even at your darkest moment you are NOT alone! I have been lost, lost in my own misary. Lost in the drama and the pain. So lost I forget how LUCKY I am. Your gonna make it, yes I know you can make it! I DARE you to listen to this song and not feel something. I think it is a beautiful reminder how much our Father in Heaven loves us sooooo dearly. How he would do anything for us and will NOT let us fall. Even if we feel like we are falling then he will be there to catch us at our darkest moments.

Rascal Flatts – I Won’t Let Go Lyrics

It’s like a storm
That cuts a path
It’s breaks your will
It feels like that

You think your lost
But your not lost on your own
Your not alone
I will stand by you
I will help you through
When you’ve done all you can do
If you can’t cope
I will dry your eyes
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight
And I wont let go

It hurts my heart
To see you cry
I know it’s dark
This part of life
Oh it finds us all
And we’re too small
To stop the rain
Oh but when it rains

I will stand by you
I will help you through
When you’ve done all you can do
And you can’t cope
I will dry your eyes
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight

And I wont let you fall
Don’t be afraid to fall
I’m right here to catch you
I wont let you down
It wont get you down
Your gonna make it
Yea I know you can make it

Cause I will stand by you
I will help you through
When you’ve done all you can do
And you can’t cope
And I will dry your eyes
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight
And I wont let go
Oh I’m gonna hold you
And I wont let go
Wont let you go
No I wont

3 comments:

chloƩ said...

this is a beautiful post amanda.. and you are a beautiful person. i needed to hear this today. thank you so much for sharing it. how easy it is to forget how lucky that we are, and that we are not alone. i hope you know that i am always here for you too! i love you so much!

Devin & Katie said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-8ez6dGao8&ob=av2el i love you! you are so amazing. your post made me think of THIS song, that has the same kind of effect on me. Michael Buble's "Lost".

@manda said...

Chloe- Love you lots! Thanks for always being there for me!
Katie-love you lots ;) Thanks for getting a new song stuck in my head. LOVE IT! Downloading it onto the zune now.