Friday, June 27, 2008

Frugal Friday!

Since the economy right now is so crazy I wanted to start a string of posts every Friday called Frugal Friday. I am all about saving money so this is a chance for everyone to share ideas. Each Friday I will post some idea and if anyone has any comments or new ideas let me know!!! I am all about sharing ideas so you might see a few days a week filled with things like this. All in all, you can tell I have too much time on my hands but I am having fun with this so back off ;)

So I have just discovered Kid to Kid again. I am sure this is nothing new to most of you but I was really having a difficult time wanting to spend 100's of dollars on summer clothes for my kids. They just spill stuff on them and stain them! So we took a bunch of old clothes to Kid to Kid the other day and they gave us $70 in store credit. Now I wasn't really sure if I wanted to just take the money or not so I decided to look around. They have spots in the store that house certain brands and I found myself at the gymboree area finding a bunch of really cute stuff for Makayla. Needless to say I found a lot of stuff for my $70. I am so glad I looked. I thought for sure that the clothes would be worn and out of style but most of everything I purchased I'm sure had not been worn more than once. I purchased 6 outfits for Makayla. I saved $100's of dollars! Now when she comes home with stains and tears in her clothes I don't get sick to my stomach. It also leaves money for nicer clothing. So i am all about Kid to Kid right now! I sure those that shop there can agree. Any other ideas on how to strech your dollar for play clothes?

2 comments:

Bayles Family said...

That is a great idea! The one by my house has like brand new stuff! I'm all about frugal baby!

Shawn and Erica said...

You would start frugal friday! You always know how to save money. I'm THE WORST!! By the way, I'm so stoked for the 4th twilight book! I'm on the list out here to get it and I'm going to their midnight release of it! I'm re-reading the other 3 to prepare right now!