Thursday, June 5, 2008

I love my family!

This week has been an emotional one! We said good bye to Matt one more time and we were able see Devin and Brandon again. It was really cool because Tuesday we were able to be together as a family with Matt, Cassie and all the other Wagstaff clan. It has been a while since we were able to be together. We had dinner at Outback Steakhouse and we had a blast. The kids were wiped out and didn't eat very well. As for goodbye.............it was hard. I really look up to Matt. He is a great guy and I don't know how he stays so positive.

Devin came home from his mission on Wednesday. It was so great to see his face again! He has really grown up. I just broke down and started crying. He isn't my baby brother anymore! He really has grown more than I thought. I just couldn't believe that this stage in his life is over and who knows he could be married next. CRAZY!!!!

Brandon came home from California and he cooked dinner for the family tonight. He is such an awesome person. With all the things he has overcome in life he really has such a great personality and I am so glad that he is home. For the first time in nearly 4 years the entire Ashby family was back together. It was really sureal for me. I expected to wake up at any moment. I really love my family!!! It is crazy how much I look to each person on both sides of my family for support. Each person brings something totally different. Today I am overwhelmed with love for my family!

1 comment:

Amanda C said...

I am so happy for you! It is fun to have everyone home, isn't it?