I had the craziest thing just happen! I had purchased a watermelon on Monday and today we were going to cut it up for dinner. So let me back up a second, when I got home from work today I noticed this crazy smell coming from the kitchen area. I am so weird about smells as it is that I decided to try and figure out what it was. After cleaning up and finding no relief I figured it was just lake stink from outside. So I went to get the watermelon off the counter to cut it up and realized their was a big slice in the top. It had not been dropped, rolled, slammed ANY OF THAT. I thought it was weird and then when I touched it to pick it up it was like a water balloon exploded! The thing had gone rotten from the inside out! All that was left of the inside was pink water! WHAT A MESS THAT WAS TO CLEAN UP!!!! The sides had become flimsy so it was impossible to pick up! I have never seen this happen in my entire life. Needless to say I found me odd smell! Has this happened to anyone else?Thursday, September 4, 2008
Crazy Watermelon
I had the craziest thing just happen! I had purchased a watermelon on Monday and today we were going to cut it up for dinner. So let me back up a second, when I got home from work today I noticed this crazy smell coming from the kitchen area. I am so weird about smells as it is that I decided to try and figure out what it was. After cleaning up and finding no relief I figured it was just lake stink from outside. So I went to get the watermelon off the counter to cut it up and realized their was a big slice in the top. It had not been dropped, rolled, slammed ANY OF THAT. I thought it was weird and then when I touched it to pick it up it was like a water balloon exploded! The thing had gone rotten from the inside out! All that was left of the inside was pink water! WHAT A MESS THAT WAS TO CLEAN UP!!!! The sides had become flimsy so it was impossible to pick up! I have never seen this happen in my entire life. Needless to say I found me odd smell! Has this happened to anyone else?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I have never had that happen! That watermelon has caused you a lot of trouble. :) I am glad you found the smell.
That is gross!! I've gotten some crapy watermellons this year, but none that were rotten, icky.
PS the website is a great idea, but I am as dumb as they come when it comes computers, I'll ask around :)
Post a Comment