It seems like this week since we returned from our vacation has been a blur. I am going to try and write down some things and then add pictures tonight.
Me, the kids and Cassie left Saturday morning to Las Vegas. Jason was already down there with his Dad and Kacey at the Nascar Races. That is a fun tradition the boys have started. They have gone I think for the last 4 years. Las Vegas is good for nothing more than shopping (at least that is my honest opinion). We spent Sunday at M & M factory. Lets just say that was a very interesting walk down the strip with two young kids. The street was disgusting! Those card flippers were out in full force but they would always hide the cards so the kids could not see them when we passed. It was still one of the hardest things for me to know what my kids might be exposed to. So after a short walk we got up the 4 levels of the M & M factory, paid $11.99 a pound for some crazy colored M & M's and we headed down to Planet Hollywood to grab some makeup at Sephora. I wish we had a Sephora in Utah County! We also went to the outlet mall and to my favorite place the Sketchers outlet. I got Jason a new pair of shoes and a new pair of flip flops for myself. They are silver and sparkly...............just what I LOVE!!!
Monday we headed to Anaheim and got there a little after 5 I believe. We then went to the Rain Forest Cafe for dinner and that was so fun for the kids! The Rain Forest Cafe is in Down Town Disney so we also stopped at "The World of Disney" shop and let the kids pick out what ever they wanted. Makayla got a big minnie mouse and Kaden picked out Pluto. We got some suckers and a shirt for me to wear in disneyland. Nothing big but the kids had fun looking at everything.
Tuesday we headed to Disneyland. Kaden was a little overwhelmed. He was very clingy and wanted to be held the entire time. We opted not to get a stroller and I am glad because he would not have used it any way. The first ride we went on was Snow White..........maybe not the best idea but Makayla loved it. She kept saying "That witch is freaking me out". We did Peter Pan next and that was a little better for the kids. We got Makayla, Jason and Kaden new hats to wear in the park. Makayla has such a tiny head that the toddler hats were too young for her but the childrens hats were so big so we got her a visor and just tightened it up as tight as it would go. She looked adorable! We had so much fun that first day. It was warm and the lines were not big at all.
Wednesday was a whole new story. We started the day out with the possibility of rain and when we got to California Adventure it started to down poor! We ended up getting ponchos which Kaden wanted nothing to do with. I ended up running into a store to see if they might have some rubber bands of some sort so I could tie up the back of the poncho so the kid could walk in it. We got in line for play house disney live on stage and the kids just loved that! After Kaden started to have a melt I ran across the little street there and grabbed a chocolate milk and a giant cookie. It did the trick! We then went on soaring over California. That is THE coolest ride I have ever been on! I just loved it! The rain sorta let up after lunch but it was cold and miserable. The streets in Disneyland were puddles of water. My feet were soaking wet! We went to the Tiki Room and Kaden was doing his train thing he does and knocked my arm and my hot chocolate dumped right down the front of my white sweat shirt and all over my pants. We decided I needed some new socks to keep my feet warm so we headed to get some in this little shop in New Orleans square kinda in the back that is all Nightmare before Chirstmas stuff. That is when Jason and I ran into Lindsay Lohan and her crazy girlfriend. I heard a familure voice say "Wow they are out in droves today" as loud as possible to try and draw attention to herself. When I looked over they were right there. The body gaurd gave Jason the look of death and they stopped for a picture with just the two of them in front of the store we just got out of. It was funny because people recognized her but there were no crowds and no one running for an picture with her or anything. We ate dinner in the little french resturaunt and listened to the live Jazz band play. Then Jason decided he wanted to go on big thunder rail road, it started to rain hard while they were on the ride and so we ended up going home around 7 that night just to go home get warm and dry! Thursday we spent the morning in the park and it was warm. We had fun going on all the rides in California Adventure that were not able to go on when it was raining. We got to go on the Monsters Inc. ride and that is a fun ride for a kids ride. Kaden and Makayla loved it. Then about 2 we headed to St. George and then Friday we drove the rest of the way home. All in all, it was one of the best vacations I have been on to date. Loved being with family and my kids were SO GOOD!!!! I think they had more fun then they know how to process.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Fun!! Were the lines at least short cuz it was raining? I love going to disneyland or disneyworld when its raining cuz I don't have to wait! Guess its not such a good idea with kids though huh? I can't believe you saw lindsay lohan! Too funny!
Wish I could have gone! Gotta love the Army sometimes. At least I only have a few more months to worry about that. I am going to be in Utah next Thursday through Monday. I will be at mom and dad's house Thursday and part of Friday. Hopefully I will get to see you, Jason and the little ones. Matt
Post a Comment