Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Soldier's Wife

I thank God for my life
And for the stars and stripes
May freedom forever fly, let it ring.
Salute the ones who died
The ones that give their lives so we don`t have to sacrifice
All the things we love
My Brother in law left yesterday for his 3rd time to Iraq. This is a picture of Matt and his new bride Tiffany (of 2 months). Thank you Matt for serving so that we have the freedoms we enjoy ever single day. Most of all thank you to Tiffany for the huge sacrifice of giving up her new husband for a year. I think we often forget the people that are behind the soldier! Lets never forget how lucky and blessed we are. Matt, you will be missed and we will take good care of Tiffany while you are away. Tiffany, we love you and we are always just a phone call away.


A Soldier's Wife's Prayer

Dear Lord,

Give me the greatness of heart to see
The difference between his duty and his love for me.
Give me understanding so that I may know
That when duty calls him, he must go.
Give me a task to do each day
To fill the time when he is away.
And Lord, when he is in a foreign land,
Keep him safe and in your loving hand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Amanda. I miss him so much already. But, 12 hours down, huh? Just a *few* more to go. I will be out there soon, and so I have that to look forward to.

I love you all. Thank you so much for your love and support.