Thursday, February 11, 2010

~Time for Change~

This week Jason and I made a big decision. We decided that it would be best if I start maternity leave the end of this month. Two reasons for this decision- 1. I am struggling with pain and other problems that make it hard for me to work at 100% each day. Getting out of bed and getting to work just makes me so exhausted. By the end of the day I am no good to anyone. I come home in a fog and try to take care of the every day things but end up laying down just trying to stop the pain. 2. My kids sense that something is going on. Something is going to change soon. They understand a baby will be born but they have no idea how this will change their life. They have been acting out. Makayla has been in trouble at school, she is not doing as well on her school work, etc. Kaden is not sleeping like he should and he is spending a lot of time whining every day.

So starting the end of February I will be on maternity leave. I know it is early but it is a good thing for me and my little family. I have worked full time for 9+ years. I enjoy my job, I love being part of a team but it is just time to put that on hold for a few months. Not having the income for 3 months is scarey to me but the calming feeling I get as I know this is the right decision sweeps over me every time I start to worry about it. I tear up as I know that this is what our heavenly father wants me to do right now. I need to be home, I need to take care of my family and myself before we add our beautiful Addison to the mix.

For the last 6 months my wonderful husband has been Mr. Mom. He does an amazing job and has kept our family working. It is time for him to concentrate on finding a job and working on school.

So in a short 10 working days, I will be able to play "stay at home mom". I am very excited! So much is happening to me in a short period of time. I am excited about the little things. I am excited to keep up on the laundry. I am excited to make Kaden his lunch. I am excited to be home when Makayla gets off the bus to hear about her day. It is a time for change.

2 comments:

Bran..Brit..Jax..and Skylee said...

Im so glad for you, you deserve this and so does your family!

Alicia said...

Good for you Amanda! Take care of yourself and your family. We all know that is most importang. Good luck and please let me know if you need anything!