

My cute little girls! Makayla loves to hold Addison. Addison was NOT happy about it so you get a few pictures with Addi and her crabby face. At least she is still adorable with her crabby face! Love my girls!When I was a little girl we had a metal swingset in the back yard. It had monkey bars down the center, swings, a chin up bar and rings. We spent many hours pretending that swingset was a space ship or a pirate ship. Rigth next to the swingset was a beautiful large golden delicious apple tree. Between the tree and the swingset we had plenty of place to climb and "blast off" from. We spent hours and hours playing night games and running from the neighbors house to our house. We had so much fun just being kids!
Having 3 little kids of my own I often wonder what happened to imaginations! It seems like eletronics have taken over and instead of wanting to run and pretend, kids are asking to play video games or the computer. My kids are no different. They are surrounded by electronics. This is our fault, we purchased all these items. I think the kids are missing out! This summer I am making it a big deal to allow the kids to pretend play and just be kids. I am giving them small time limits on the electronic items. One thing they love to do is build things with legos. They build ships, cars, houses and so many other things. I love when they spend time building and using their imagination.
So what kinds of things did you do during the summer as a kid?

1 comment:
awww they are the cutest things ever! i need to come see them!! hope you guys are doing great!
Post a Comment