

Cause heaven was needing a hero
Somebody just like you
Brave enough to stand up
For what you believe
And follow it through
When I try to make it make sense in my mind
The only conclusion I come to
Is heaven was needing a hero
Like you
I thank god for my life
And for the stars and stripes
May freedom forever fly
Let it ring.
Salute the ones who died
The ones that give their lives so we
Dont have to sacrifice
All the things we love
Nothing prepares you for the loss of a hero. I am guilty as many of us are for taking my freedom lightly. I owe everything first to my father in heaven but second to the soldiers who die every day for the freedoms we have. I get to watch my children grow up, believe in what I believe in, wear what I want to wear, live how I want to live etc. The last week and a half has changed me. I will never be the same person I was. I will never look at my children the same or my family the same ever again. How precious our relationships with our family are. How precious our relationships with our children and spouse should be. I watch a mother cry to hold her son, I watch a wife cry to hold her husband and an entire family cry to hold their brother, uncle, grandson etc. Always remember our soldiers. Pray for their safe return. Pray for those families that hurt every day because they lost a part of their family who gave their life for you and your freedom. I will forever be thankful I met and was family to Matthew Wagstaff who was killed in action, defending our freedoms on September 21, 2010. May we never forget how and why he died. Rest in peace Brother...... Until we meet again in heaven. Watch over your family, your nieces and nephews need you. You will always be a guardian angel to them.

No comments:
Post a Comment