Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Potty Training..............duh duh duh (que the scarey music)

So this past few days we have been actively trying to potty train my son...............WHAT A JOKE! The kid is crazy! He would rather hold it ALL day long than sit and pee on the potty. He doesn't want to be messed with while playing. He will go 4-5 hours dry and then BAM! all on the floor. You can sit him on the potty for an hour and he will refuse to go and then when you take him off he pees himself. ANY ADVICE? My daughter (and I know they say girls are easier than boys) was pretty easy. He knows what he is doing he just could care less. I have tried the praise (yes I made up a potty song and dance to go along), bribe him with toys and candy and everything else in between. I think that maybe there should be a potty training boot camp you just send your kids off to some helpless stranger that trains your kids for you and then they come back after a few days all trained! GRRRRRRRR

2 comments:

Amber said...

Honestly, I have no advice. My 2 and a half year old just decided that he would finally start wearing "big boy" underwear instead of pull ups all by himself, my 4 year old was the same way. They say when a kid shows interest in dressing themselves and can pull up and down their own underwear is when they will do it!

Jess said...

We just potty trained my daughter and it was a rough week, but now we seem to be on a good track. It just took a few hard hard days!