Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Can we use the bathroom?

Tonight is one of the craziest nights ever! On my way home from a friends birthday party, I called my husband and he was all worked up about something. He said "we just had an incedent happen at the house." It scared me so I ask "okay start, what happened?" So here is the story-

Three girls came to the door selling newspaper subscriptions to raise money for cheer camp. They were around 12 or 13 years old and they had Macey's grocery bags with them. Jason told them right now we can't afford the newspaper and thought he would send them on their way.................... One girl asked "can we use your bathroom?" Well he saw them earlier starting way down the street so trying to be nice he let them use the bathroom because he knew they had been at it for a while. The first girl walked in "used" the bathroom and walked out. On the way out she said "tell them I will be outside". Jason noticed that her bag seemed a little heavier than when she walked in but didn't think much of it until the next two walked in the bathroom together. He was watching the door to the bathroom because he knew something was up. He walked back and heard them going through the drawers in the bathroom. For those that know me know I make hair bows and flower clips and have a huge amount in my daughters bathroom. They walked out and Jason went to grab the bags because he noticed they had unloaded all of the hair flowers and headbands and flower clips into them. The girls took off down the street and hid in a neighbors back yard. Jason got in the car and chased them down. So Jason flagged the down the lady that was driving them and told her what was going on and the lady was so angry. Well to get passed the boring stuff, Jason filed a police report and a complaint with the newspaper. So I decided we better go up and down the street and let people know about what happened to us. Well we ran into a lot of people that didn't let them in but there were 5 homes that they were let into. All 5 had things missing, mostly makeup or hair items........anything they could get their hands on. One neighbor saw the van and decided to get into her jeep and go looking for the van. Well she found it! Cop came down the street I flagged him down and gave him the plate numbers. Cop went off looking for them BINGO they are caught!!!!! The cop is at our house RIGHT now. Craziest night ever.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I just love that. I don't know that I would have had to guts to go chasing the van down, but good thing Jason did!!

The Johnson's said...

That is some crazy stuff, good thing Jason had a feeling about those girls because you saved some future families. Too bad you don't know what high school they were from to call them.