Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sisters


Last night while I was tossing and turning and getting in and out of bed to go to the bathroom I was thinking a lot about how I hope the baby is a girl so my little girl could have a sister. Don't get me wrong, having all brothers is great and I really love my brothers but I think I missed out on some real girl bonding while growing up. Then I thought about all the girls that played "sister" to me over the years and I realized that I was blessed just knowing these girls.

My first real "sister" was Shannon Peavler. We were the best of friends. We did EVERYTHING together from dancing to hanging out. She was 2 weeks older than me so she was a grade a head of me in school. Her birthday being in August and mine in September we quickly grew apart. We still to this day are good friends and I will always concider her as a sister.

Jentry is the next girl that comes to mind. She had a personality like no other. She was such a good friend to me growing up. We had lots of sleep overs. I watched my first scarey movie at her house "poltergiest" and will always remember nights watching classic scarey movies screaming at clowns and things that would jump out on the screen. We loved it! We wrote notes, we hung out we did everything together. High school came and we were on the Cheer Squad together. She was a big part of my life growing up. I wanted to be just like her. Like all good things, they tend to come to an end or something happens. High school is a hard time on a girl and we grew apart. I wish I would have made more of an effort to be her friend. I will never forgive myself for that.

In high school my next "sister" was Aimee. She was the only girl in her family. We hung out as often as we could. She was even in on the first meeting I had with Jason. I really think she forced me to be brave and more outgoing.

Now as a mother I am closer to my own mom than I ever have been. She has taught me so much about being a mom and being strong!

I have two strong "sister" figures in my life right now. First is my sister in law, Chloe. She is AMAZING! I met her a year ago on Halloween. She married my brother in March. I trust her, she knows so much about me. Very easy to talk to and we have a lot in common. I am so grateful for her and her support. She truly has been a blessing in my life and is more of a true sister to me than I have ever had. It is nice to be able to talk girl talk with her. She is amazing and will be such an amazing mother!

Second is my best friend Robin! We talk every single day. I have known Robin for many years and I am so glad that we kept in touch. She knows all my secrets, all my worries and hears me whine all the time ;) I don't know what I would do with out her some days. She is the perfect example of a sister and a best friend!


LOVE YOU GIRLS!!!! THANK YOU FOR BEING MY SISTERS!!!!!
okay, end to the sappy post!

So Saturday I decided Makayla needed some help in the eyebrown department. That is right I shaped my 7 year olds eyebrows!!!!!! What you think I am a bad mother now? My girl is not going to grow up with a uni-brow! Did I cross the line?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you did not cross the line. trust me, she will thank you someday. i promise!! sometimes we just have to help those that don't know any better yet? ya know? you are a great mom :) and a fabulous sister. i feel so blessed and lucky to know you! you are so amazing!!!

Bran..Brit..Jax..and Skylee said...

All that brought tears to my eyes! It's nice having other girl friends that you can count on, since we are the only girls...
I see that Skylee will be having the unibrow problem as well... I willbe plucking hers as well when she gets to be her age. no worries your an awesome mom and I can't wait to hear what that cute little babe is! GIRL GIRL GIRL