Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Walk to Remember

Some may know this but for those that don't, when Jason and I went to visit with Pastor Mckinney to see if he would marry us he only had one request for us. He asked us to go see A Walk to Remember. It was just out in theaters at the time and so we pooled the little money we had together and went to see the movie. I learned so much from this little teen flick. I was pregnant with Makayla at the time and I cried the entire movie. What I didn't know at the time was that my life would become a story line much like A Walk to Remember. Jason and I fell in love very fast. I don't think either one of us were prepared for the emotional responsibility that LOVE brings. So young and so much in love we made many mistakes. One thing we could never fight was that we loved each other very much. When I found out I was expecting Makayla both of us grew up very fast. The ONE good thing that happened is we grew "together" instead of growing apart. We had our problems and had many reasons why we could have given up but we never did. We always had that love under it all, under all the problems we always had that love. That pure simple love that you see in the movie. Yesterday I got to spend the evening with my dear husband, just the two of us at a concert. He still has a way, a simple way of showing me he loves me. The way he will grab my hand to lead me past a crowd so I don't get lost, the way he pats my knee and smiles at me just to show me he still is there and so many other small gestures. He is an amazing Dad and an amazing husband. My life has been "A Walk to Remember". I am truly grateful for my life. I wouldn't take back a single heart ache, problem or trial. Each one of them molded me into the mother and wife that I am now. I know I have more growing up today but I am happy to grow up with my dear husband while we build our little family. The most ironic thing to this post is I just turned on the tv in our bedroom and A Walk to Remember is on ABCfamily...................I guess I needed a little reminder ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Amanda, I loved this post. Seriously it gave me the chills. I love you guys. I love being a part of your family. I also love this movie very much. You are amazing. I really hope someday to be like you!