Friday, July 20, 2012
Makayla is 10!!!!
My little girl is 10...... how is this possible? Not many people know Makayla's story. So I am going to spill a little bit here and hope that people understand how important she is to our family.
Jason and I dated for years before December 10th 2000 when i found out I was pregnant. It was a horrible day for me. I was scared to death....... scared to tell my parents and just scared. I happen to be at the Dr. with my brother Sean and when I got into the car I broke down and told him. He said "we will figure this out, it will all work out". Never did the thought cross my mind that I was to give my baby up. When I got home I broke down and told my parents right away. There was a horrible feeling in the house. Everyone was hurt and scared of what was to come. We had plenty of talks about going to Family services and adoption. I just couldn't... I knew this little baby was sent to me for a reason. I was a on a dark path before I found out I was pregnant. Many, MANY tears and worries later Jason and I got married April 5, 2002 and we soon had our little princess July 20, 2002. We spent the evening on the 19th at the Wagstaff's watching a movie and about 10 I felt a little weird so we headed home. I could not sleep, I hurt so much so I got into the bath to see if it would help me relax. After alot of trying and no luck we ended up at Utah Valley hospital in the ER. Shortly after we were in for an emergancy c-section. It all happened so fast.
Makayla saved my life, she saved our family. She brought us together again. Everyone fell in love with her the instant they saw her. She mended a hole in our family. Ask any one of my brothers or family members and they will tell you the same thing. I was young at 19 with a baby and a brand new life. It was hard but she put me back on the path I needed to be on. There is so much more to this story but I will leave it at that. We loveo our Makayla and so thankful for her. She is a huge blessing and one BEAUTIFuL girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
happy birthday Kayla! we love her so much! i remember one of the first deep conversations that i had with sean. it was about Makayla. he was telling me how she saved your entire family. he said it was hard to explain, but she just did. i will never forget that. he also told me that he was so nervous for her to start her first day of school that he wanted to go see her at lunch to make sure she knew where to go. i think i fell in love with him at that point. so kayla should get some props for that! kayla will always be sean's first "baby" :) we love kayla and you guys so much! she is such an incredible person and so happy that i get to be related to her now! we love you kayla! you are so smart, beautiful, talented, and so funny! i hope you have the best birthday ever!
oh also, you guys deserve props for raising such an awesome daughter!
i have a story similar to chloe's! in fact, on one of our very first dates, devin and i were driving out to sean and chloe's house to drop off a heater. i had never met them before, and on our way, we got into a deep conversation. devin talked about kayla, and it was obvious how protective he was (is) of her. so, so protective. he loves that baby girl more than i'll ever understand. kayla sure marches to the beat of her own drum, but we love her for it!!! i'm so lucky to have a niece like kayla. she is absolutely gorgeous and so genius. i love watching her grow!!!!
Post a Comment