Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Memorial for a Hero





These are really hard to look at. This past week we went east for a memorial for 8 fallen soldiers. It was beautiful, the weather was beautiful but I wish it was for a visit and not for a memorial. Fort Campbell is a huge place. Almost doesn't feel real, like some place not on earth. This memorial really touched me. I have teared up every day since it happened. I just keep thinking about the words said, the families there feeling the same hurt and pain we do, the constant care and support felt. Then tonight I was asked to speak to the boy scouts about what freedom means to our family. One of the hardest things I have done. How do you describe the feelings you have to young boys. If there is one thing I can take away from the past 2 weeks, that is that I love my family very very much. That when you come together and help each other during those really hard times that you can stand as one strong unit. I pray every day that the pain will be lifted from those involved and that each day will bring good memories and a little bit of hope.




1 comment:

Matt and Tiffany Wagstaff said...

I love you, Amanda. We definitely are much stronger together than separated. I miss you all so much, and him so much as well. Thank you for sharing the sacrifices that it takes for our freedom and the meaning of Patriotism with the boys. I am sure that you did a wonderful job, and they have a much better understanding of what life and freedom is worth. I love you!