Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Things to think about

"Recognize that the joy of motherhood comes in moments. There will be hard times and frustrating times. But amid the challenges, there are shining moments of joy and satisfaction."-M Russell Ballard

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someones garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived." -Marjorie Hinckley

And this one makes me feel better

" God expects you to have enough faith, determination, and trust in Him to keep moving, keep living, keep rejoicing. He expects you not simply to face the future; He expects you to embrace and shape the future—to love it, rejoice in it, and delight in your opportunities. God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as He always has. But He can’t if you don’t pray, and He can’t if you don’t dream. In short, He can’t if you don’t believe."

Thank goodness for new days. They can be brighter than the last. I love my life and I need to remember that the hard times have to come with the good times, right? And I really shouldn't be complaining. I have little to complain about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this daughter! You really have put it all into perspective and I love you for that. Keep your chin up and each day will be better. I love you! MOm

Amy Jensen said...

Thanks for sharing those quotes, I had never heard them before and I really liked them. You are such a positive person, keep it up! Heaven knows I need to be more that way.